Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Classic Authentically Grips Me This Season


This is my favorite time of year, musically speaking.


I love to hear all the various artists singing songs to honor our newborn King.


It's cool to hear Barenaked Ladies singing "God Bless Ye Merry Gentleman"


I cannot pass up any Harry Connick, Jr version of any song but his "O Holy Night" is by far my favorite, followed closely by "Ave Maria"


What moves me the most are the actual words to these songs that we pull out once a year...


"Fall on your knees"


"No crib for a bed"


"Peace on earth and merry mild"


Every year, all the traditional hymns grip my heart and cause me to pause every time I hear them. Something new is happening this year - a song from the animated classic "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town" has gripped along with the others.

"Put One Foot In Front Of The Other"


You may remember it, it's the song where young Kris Kringle tells Winter Warlock he can change from bad to good. The chorus is what it is -it's the verses that have moved me, especially in my current journey.


Check this out...

"If you want to change your direction
If you're time of life is at hand
Well don't be the rule -- be the exception
A good way to start is to stand"

You don't have to be a sage to pull the business advice from this verse.

Or look at the first verse...

"You never will get where you're goin'
If you never get up on your feet
Come on! There's a good tail wind blowin'
A fast walkin' man is hard to beat!"


Funny, I have been listening to this song for almost three weeks. Practically daily. It was today on my commute with Evan and I singing it loudly that it smacked me in the face.
I have my business idea.
Confirmed validation from the trusted core of advisers.
I've got the "tailwind" that Kris references.
I just need to walk a little faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment