Thursday, October 29, 2009

Lemon Cream Pie: The Solution to Life's Sour Moments

Quite possibly one my favorite desserts (and there are many) is Lemon Cream Pie. Follow this link to the recipe I prefer: Lemon Pie.

Now, of course - I only use the base with authentic Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk, fresh squeezed lemon juice and  I always, always,  ALWAYS experiment with toppings and crusts. Sometimes, I whip up fresh whipped cream and put it over a layer of strawberries in a graham cracker crust.

It's good, don't turn your nose up.

I've lined it with kiwis and put it in a shortbread cookie crust.


The point - I always start with lemons. Sour, tart, bitter lemons.

I have never been one to say - "make lemonade out of lemons" but always say make a lemon pie.

There is much more effort in lemon pie vs. lemonade.

I have to reach for many more ingredients with lemon pie vs. lemonade.

Lemon pie is just more sturdy than lemonade.

Often times - depending on who I'm sharing with - I solicit feedback for the lemon pie surprises and last time I checked - no one asks some else how the make lemonade.

Are you following me?

When you have that crappy meeting, stinging conversation or devestating news - what do you do with it?

Do you mix it with water and sugar (maybe vodka) and hope for the best?

I can tell you what I do. I pour over the details. I throw out what was not worth keeping and let the things that bothered me most, MOTIVATE me to dig my heals into my brilliant idea and figure out a different way to serve it up OR I challenge myself to blow it up and make it even better.

By no means, do I serve up a glass of lemon water with a little sugar.

Life does throw us many lemons.

Next time you receive one - what are you going to do with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment