Saturday, February 26, 2011

Michael Jackson Experience Makes Our Staycation!

President's Day weekend 2011 was the first weekend that we have not travelled on the February holiday weekend since 2004 when I was pregnant with my youngest, Evan.

We had no plans and it was delightful. Our super busy family never "staycations" and here we were with three consecutive days together at home.

It was delicious.  Sleeping in. Big breakfasts. Sleepovers in the living room in front of the fireplace. Impromptu city trip with lunch in Chinatown. And Michael Jackson.

Yeah, MJ (the original MJ - sorry, Michael Jordan - you are da bomb but he was my original "MJ") was an integral part of our family bonding weekend. We played the Michael Jackson Experience on Wii every chance we got starting Friday night through Monday night.



It was an instant classic in our family. I mostly watched the first night but was captivated by the music and movement before I ever attempted to join the fun.

Dancing. Sweat. Singing. Tears. In no particular order were the menu each time the game was on.

My favorite part about the game is the music - for me to be able to "mirror" MJ's moves while belting out my favorite tunes was fun but killed my chances of winning.  It's bad enough that my 30-something year old non-fit body was doing moves it hasn't done in a decade but trying to sing while doing it.

No dice.

My husband, Isael usually passes on the Wii unless it's the street basketball game in Wii Sports Resort. He jumped in right away to play with the kids as soon as they started and sweated through 4 songs before reluctantly giving me the remote. After sitting for only two songs - he wanted back in. Clearly, we need the fourth remote.

Funny, we've had the Wii for four years and did not "need" the fourth remote. Until now.

My little guy is the resident Michael Jackson super fan before this game and the game made it worse. He knows almost all the words to all the songs and now with the "official" moves - he feels unstoppable until the scoring happens. Poor guy has yet to win. Getting better but I cannot explain his inability to win because he truly has the heart for it. Watch our video to see what I mean. I think it's because he's smaller and possibly his moves don't register like the rest of us.  He is certain to give us a run for our money soon. Especially since he asks to play it almost every day.

My nine year old, Emma gives her own take here:

"I think it is very fun, very exuasting, and tiring but it is by far the best Wii game I have played. To tell you the truth, I have played many! It is so tempting to just start singing but once I start, I lose my breath! Very fun and the whole family loves it! When I started, I was just not winning. But when I kept going, I became the champion(oh yeah!).  MICHAEL JACKSON EXPERIENCE ROCKS!!"  

So, my Emma is a little humble - she is the ALL-TIME champion in our house - no one has beat her for one dance. Not once. She is such a hard worker on every move and she's right on point with the singing - that is my Achilles (see the video -even when I'm not playing) and she does me in, every time.

So we recommend this game to any family who owns a gaming console. There is nothing better than an impromptu competition to bring a family closer.  Nothing gets people moving more than Michael Jackson music. Plus - I think I've found my new workout routine. 3 MJ songs on the Wii Experience twice a week and I'll be back in shape in no time.

You can get it here at ToysRUs.com today!


While Ubisoft provided me with this game to review, the opinions I've expressed here are solely my own and represent my honest viewpoint. Ubisoft, Clever Girls Collective and I promote Blog With Integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment