Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Here we go!


For months now, I have talked of launching a blog but contemplated the subject. Should it be... leadership related? Possibly. Should I blog about my many adventures (and mis-adventures) as a lifelong marketer and guide others with the wisdom? Maybe.

Since I have not quite decided that leaves me with launching a blog that honors one of my core values... authenticity.

Precisely today - while in a brief but great conversation with a good friend who lives across the country from me, I stressed the importance of authenticity in the people I surround myself with. I pontificated on the importance of being consistent.

So I cannot promise that I will blog every day nor can I guarantee the topic. What I can assure you is the fact that whatever is discussed on these pages will be as real and true to who I am.

Hopefully you'll be interested enough to join me on the journey.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations Denise on hitting 2 of your goals! I can't even imagine how one would go about declaring themselves a motivational speaker, but somehow you found a way to do it, and good for you!

    Your story about meeting LL was awesome. Seems like a very nice guy. Not that I'm surprised.

    It's funny that he mentioned about wanting to see Sears/KMart make a come back. These stores were the staple of my youth. My Mom was an avid Kmart shopper, and Sears was the place where we always went for back to school clothes. I have very fond memories of the Sears in Park Forest, and I was a little sad when it closed.

    I wish you all the best with the rest of your goals. If you would like some tips on motivational speaking you might want to call some local colleges and offer to do a speech on breking into marketing.

    Being in staffing I know that given the state of the economy that entry level candidates are having a tough time finding work...more than usual. We all know the difficulty of gaining experience when no one will hire you because you have none. Maybe you could share some of your marketing brilliance, tips and tricks for making themslves stand out, and also how to identify their path.

    Marketing is such a broad term, and often when I meet Jr. level marketing candidates all they say is they want to get into "marketing", but they can't really clarify exactly what they would like to do.

    I recently met a sharp, polished young lady who gave me a perfect example of what she wants to do - sponsorship and event/sports marketing. This gal had a plan and was also a recent graduate.

    I think with your vast experience you have a lot you could share!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't talk about your husband. Is he not supportive and worth mentioning?

    ReplyDelete