Friday, October 9, 2009

The Fruits of Perseverance


This week has delivered me some very cool and unexpected victories - fruits, if you will.

First, something that I convinced myself (and had third party validation as well) would NEVER happen - actually happened Wednesday night, hours after me wrangling in my mind all the reasons why it would not happen.

Coincidence? No, but possibly a fluke.

Grateful, I pressed forward and even spread the good news to a few close friends.

Then tonight, on an equally silver platter - another very clear demonstration to me that Wednesday's revelation was not a fluke. With concise and intentional meaning, the proverbial "other shoe dropped" in the ongoing journey toward healing and restoration.

We are one year, two months and 10 days into this journey.

The message is this... What are you striving for? Or better stated what have you given up on?

I blogged here about persistence in the spring, see the post here.

Perseverance embodies persistence as the dictionary says that perseverance is the "steady persistence in a course of action, a purpose or a state - especially in spite of difficulties, obstacles or discouragement".

Too many times we give up before the harvest comes in. Use this fall to recommit yourself to something you've yearned for...

an improved interpersonal relationship

a new career path

losing the final 15 pounds

Whatever it may be... ante up and start again. I am smiling broadly thinking of moments over the last 14 months where I was thisclose to throwing in the towel and didn't.

The fruits of perseverance are too sweet to pass up but they cannot be enjoyed until they are ripe, mature and ready to be eaten.

No comments:

Post a Comment