Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Fight, Flee or Stand in Troubled Times

Wouldn't it be great if all "trouble" in our lives arrived dressed in this t-shirt?

You'd be forewarned.

You'd see it coming.

You could run the other way.

You could size it up upon its approach.

 Alas, it does not.

In fact, most "trouble" is not all that obvious at a glance.

Some "trouble" slowly creeps in and stakes a campground where and when we least expect it.

Other "trouble" comes in like a tsunami leaving many things destroyed in its wake.

The question is how do you deal with "trouble"?

Do you ignore it until you no longer can? or  Do you run at it, full speed?

"Trouble" in life is guaranteed, moving forward through it is optional.

When faced with trouble, I don't fight or flee. I hold my ground.

I've been plagued lately with physical trouble and the residual inability to do all I'd intended in the last 5 weeks. It stinks. There are moments when I just want to weep or scream at the top of my lungs. And I've done both (many times) and felt better when I finished.

That's how I've been dealing with my trouble.

I am allowing it its season. I am not fighting it. Nor cheating it.

I am living it and embracing the stretches it's providing to muscles (the irony) I rarely use.

I am also planning and strengthening so I can prevent this specific "trouble" again.

I am determined to be better and stronger when this trouble passes.

How about you?

What do you do with "trouble" in your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment