Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Why Christmas Music Saved My Relationship With Target!



I love Christmas music. I am always saddened that I only have a few weeks to enjoy it. Now that we are fews days past my ability to enjoy it without scorn, I wanted to share my favorite Christmas music story of 2010.


An unlikely friend re-entered my life this year - all on the power of music. Target.


I had not really shopped Target in the last 4 or 5 years and I cannot tell you why. But the 2010 Holiday ad campaign complete with a fabulous soundtrack sucked me in and I stepped into Target twice this holiday season. I enjoyed the reunion and am certain I'll be going back in the coming year. So how is it possible that having Christmas music at the center of the marketing campaign saved my relationship with this brand?


To me it's as simple as this...


Music connects us.


We hear a song and it grips us and pulls us into a moment - sometimes good, sometimes not-so-good but either way we are MOVED by music. It pierces our soul and changes us.


This year, Target accomplished that with our family as we were introduced to new groups and new songs. Our personal favorites were "Toy Jackpot" by Blackalicious, "Electronic Santa Claus" by Blazer Force, "Tiny Tree Christmas" by Guster


Our Christmas soundtrack just got a little bigger. And think, 5, 10, 15 years from now when our family convenes for Christmas and one of those songs starts, we are always going to remember Christmas 2010. Thanks, Target.


In case you have not had the chance to download any of the free holiday music from Target - follow this link to get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment