Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Salute to My Favorite Women






Women make the world go round!

I have been so blessed with some fantastic women in my life over the last 40 or so years. Of course, if I tried to list them all, I'd miss some and muck it up. So I decided to name some famous women who double as inspirations to me. This list is by no means exhaustive, but it gives you an idea of the women who have and continue to move me.

Harriet Tubman
Susan B. Anthony
Jane Addams
Marian Anderson
Bessie Coleman
Eva Carroll Monroe
Madame CJ Walker
Amelia Earhart
Anne Frank
Ella Fitzgerald
Indira Gandhi
Barbara Jordan
Shirley Chisholm
Mother Teresa
Lena Horne
Frida Kahlo
Maya Angelou
Rosa Parks
Oprah Winfrey
Sandra Day O'Connor
Madeline Albright
Mae Jemison
Mama Maggie Gorban
Sonia Sotomayor
Rev. Dr. Brenda Salter McNeil

From many eras, many walks of life, many races and ethnicities - all powerful women I admire. My s/heroes one and all.   Some you may recognize, some you may not. If there are any names on this list you do not know - Google them! It will be worth every second you spend getting to know them. Each of their stories has enriched and continues to enrich my life. Take a moment to get a know a few you don't know.

Happy Women's History Month!

No comments:

Post a Comment