Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Authentic Encourager

Within the last week - I've had a few folks ask me if I'm...

super religious?

a preacher?

One person even joked -do you dream about bible verses and the stuff you put up on Facebook?

So I need to explain in case you are not a friend on FB.

Each morning usually before 6 am - I get up and read the bible. This is a ritual that started a few years back when I use to workout at Lifetime fitness at 4:00 am. I'd return home about 5:15 and it was so quiet and so peaceful that I embraced this time to spend a few uninterrupted moments in my Maker's presence.

I've long given up on working out at that hour but would not miss my time with Him daily.

Well since I joined FB- usually I check it right after my reading time and more often than not - I share what I've read or what has inspired me for that particular day.

It was originally my way to remind myself of the great message that He sent especially to me to face the day I was experiencing I'd do it to keep myself encouraged which I've needed in big doses over the last 12 months.

Slowly, I noticed that I was not the only one who was encouraged by my posts.

Each day, each month - I was encouraged more as I read His word that, literally pulled me out of the hands of despair in the last year - I knew that I was not to keep that encouragement to myself.

So the answer is no.

I am not super religious. I love a stiff drink with the best of them and struggle to clean up a lifelong potty mouth of anger that appears with no warning.

I love to teach and love to tell others about my relationship with Him but do not preach even as a hobby.

I am just an Authentic Encourager.

Dictionary says that encourage is to inspire with hope, courage or confidence.

Well, what better than the Word of God in daily doses could inspire hope, courage or confidence in the heart of man?

"What a gift life is to those who stay the course! You've heard, of course, of Job's staying power, and you know how God brought it all together for him at the end. That's because God cares, cares right down to the last detail." - James 5:11 - The Message

No comments:

Post a Comment