Thursday, July 23, 2009

Authentic Goodness

I heard a song today that I haven't heard in awhile and it reminded me of a very truthful statement.

The chorus goes, "I am thankful that I'm incapable of doing any good on my own."

Funny - that is very true for me.

Yeah, we are all capable of goodness but how many of us actually choose this path often?

I, for one, can say that all the authentic goodness in my heart is motivated by One much bigger than me.

You see as humans, we all seek the good for ourselves in most situations. It is a rare thing that we seek the good for the sake of good.

This week has been particularly challenging for me with three additional kids in my household. Plus it is a Lake in the Hills Board Meeting Week AND a McHenry County Council of Government monthly meeting week.

Could I have piled on anything more? Probably but let's not go there.

Each day as I washed extra dishes, extra clothes , made bigger dinners or listened to additional stories - I kept reminding myself that I was not "good" to be doing this.

He alone is good.

He just used me to extend His goodness this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment